The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at Brigham Young University seeks applications for a full-time, continuing-status-track faculty position.
The department’s mission is to provide a world-class education in all sub-disciplines of civil engineering. The successful candidate must demonstrate her/his ability to contribute to this overall mission through high-quality teaching, mentorship, and a focused research agenda that complements the existing research of the faculty, within and across traditional disciplines. Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Applications of artificial intelligence and big data
- Sustainable systems, including hazards mitigation and resilient design
- Large-scale predictive modeling of geotechnical, structural, environmental, transportation, or hydrological systems
- Innovative construction materials and methods
- Advanced materials characterization techniques
- Teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses primarily in the area of expertise.
- Developing a strong, externally funded research program wherein both graduate and undergraduate students are mentored and research results are published in top journals.
- Making significant contributions to professional societies and the engineering profession as well as participating in service opportunities within the department, college, and university.
Initial rank will be consistent with qualifications and experience; an earned doctorate in civil engineering or a closely related field is required.
Brigham Young University is an equal opportunity employer. All faculty are required to abide by the university’s honor code and dress and grooming standards. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The department anticipates filling the positions at the assistant or associate professor rank. Initial rank will be consistent with qualifications and experience. BYU, an equal opportunity employer, requires all faculty to observe the university’s honor code and dress and grooming standards ( https://honorcode.byu.edu/). Preference is given to qualified members of the sponsoring church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in good standing.
Interested applicants must complete the faculty application available at https://bit.ly/2XGIuq3 and attach a current curriculum vita, a statement of research objectives, a statement of teaching objectives, and names of three professional references. Questions and correspondence should be addressed to Dr. Kyle Rollins, Chair, Faculty Search Committee, BYU, 430 EB, Provo, UT 84602, email@example.com.
The close date of this posting is August 14, 2020.